How many Instagram accounts do you have? Do you have an account for your business and, an account for personal work and another account for your second job?
In 2016, Instagram introduced the ability to switch between Instagram accounts.Instagram developers have decided to add a very useful and interesting feature of “Account Switching” to their application. this feature allows users to add up to 5 accounts to their Instagram app and switch between them.
Add and Switch Between Multiple Instagram Accounts
- Step 1: First, update the Instagram app to the latest version available.
- Step 2: Run the instagram app.
- Step 3: Go to your personal “Profile” section.
- Step 4: From the top right of the program, Tap on the three-dot option( or)
- Step 5: Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Add Account.
- Step 6: Then you will enter the Instagram Log In page and enter the username and password of your second Instagram account
Now it’s all done and your account has been added to Instagram.
How to switch Instagram accounts
- Step 1: Visit your personal profile on Instagram.
- Step 2: Now tap on your username (as shown below) to show you the active accounts. Now a drop-down menu opens and you will see the accounts logged in to your Instagram app.
- Step 3: Tap on the account where you want to switch.
In a fraction of a second, the desired account will be switched.
How do I remove an Instagram account I’ve added
If you want to delete an account, follow these steps:
- Step 1: On Instagram and your personal page, tap the three-dot option ()
- Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Log out of [username].
How to manage multi-account notifications on Instagram?
When you log in to Instagram with multiple accounts, you will receive notifications for each account you have turned on, you may receive one for one account or several accounts.
How do I delete an account I added?
To delete an added account, you must log out of that account.
- Go to your profile and log in to the desired account.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the [Log out of [username or Log out of All Accounts] option, the first option will only log out of the same account and the second option will log out of all accounts.
Why do you still see the Instagram account you Log out?
If you still see the deleted account, follow these steps:
- Exit both accounts.
- Go back to the login page, you will still see the name of the deleted account.
- Hold your finger on the deleted account, you will see X, select X.
- A confirmation message indicates that you have confirmed it.
How do I switch between Instagram accounts on PC?
These days, Instagram allows you to view stories, send direct message search and explore tags and locations, and follow (and unfollow, let’s be real) accounts from your desktop computer. but there is no option to switch between Instagram accounts on PC .You can log in to your various accounts with different browsers, with one browser this is not possible unfortunately.
If I create a second account, the first account’s followers will find out that I got a new account?
If a phone number is used for both accounts and users are able to search for you through your phone, your new account may be offered in the suggested pages section for your followers.