Instagram has increased to 1 billion active members since its introduction in October 2010, making it one of the top six social networks in the world.
What does this mean in terms of scale?
Every month, about a fifth of the world’s active internet users will utilize Instagram!
In the year 2021, how many people are on Instagram?
You’ll see why Instagram paid $1 billion in cash and shares to buy the photo-sharing website 24 months after it launched in this data-driven summary of the website’s users and demography.
Instagram is free software that contains links, explores, and be motivated.
Because of these dynamic linkages, it’s the ideal opportunity for businesses to engage with their customers while also using influencer marketing potential.
Let’s look at some of the most shocking findings from one of the most famous Android and iOS applications to date:
Statistics on Instagram
- MAUs: Monthly active users – Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users around the world.
- DAUs: Daily active users on Instagram: The Instagram app has 500 million daily active users worldwide.
- In just eight months, Instagram Stories has eclipsed Snap Chat’s 150 million daily active users (DAUs), surpassing 500 million people each day.
- Instagram is the 6th most social network site by several users, at 1.082 billion.
- Facebook has 2.7 billion users, followed by YouTube 2.0 billion, WhatsApp 2.0 billion, Messenger 1.3 billion, and WeChat 1.2 billion.
- Instagram is used by 23.92 % of the 4.18 billion active mobile internet users, the same number of individuals who live in Europe and North America together.
- According to Ghost Data research, 9.5% of Smartphone users, or 95 million people, are fake bots, costing marketers $1.3 billion in 2019.
- With 120 million members, Instagram is the most popular social media site in the United States, with 80 million followed by India, 77 million by Brazil, 63 million by Indonesia, and 44 million by Russia.
- Instagram users spend 28 minutes each day on the application, with those under 25 spend 32 minutes, and those over 25 spend 24 minutes.
- Compared to its parent firm, Facebook, which employs 45,000 people to serve its 2.6 billion users, Instagram presently has only 450 workers.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has the most Instagram followers, accounting for 22% of all Instagram users.
What Percentage of the Population Uses Instagram? MAU vs. DAU
On a monthly and daily basis, social media platforms are often evaluated and assessed by their active user population size.
Monthly Active Users (MAUs) are defined as:
These are confirmed and able to log Instagram customers who access the application or website within 30 days of the measurement date.
Daily Active Users (DAUs) are defined as:
These are confirmed and log back Instagram users who frequent the app or website daily.
According to Instagram’s parent firm Facebook’s recent statements, the current known number of Instagram members is 1 billion monthly active members (MAUs) and 500 million daily active members (DAUs).
Instagram’s MAU average growth has slowed in recent years, even though some areas, such as the United States, are saturated with members.
However, as they globalize, they continue to attract over 100 million new user profiles each year.
Monthly Active Users (MAUs) on Instagram
According to the most recent official announcement, over 1 billion monthly active user accounts are now on Instagram (200 million increases in 9 months).
Instagram is the 6th largest social network globally, with 23.92% of the world’s 4.18 billion mobile users using the application every month.
- Instagram has 1 billion active users (MAUs) worldwide, including the most recent official figures.
- The United States currently has the most monthly Instagram users (130 million), followed by India (100 million) and Brazil (70 million) (91 million).
- Instagram is used by 22.02 % of the world’s 4.54 billion online users every month.
- Instagram is used by 23.92 % of the world’s 4.18 billion active mobile subscribers every month.
- Instagram is used by 26.31 % of the world’s 3.8 billion active social media users every month.
- Instagram is used by 12.87% of the world’s 7.77 billion people every month.
- Instagram has a monthly customer base equal to the similar total of Europe and North America.
The MAU timeline on Instagram is as follows:
Instagram started a year later, on October 6, 2010, when its founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger changed its name from Burbn and grabbed up 100,000 members in a week!
Instagram reached 1 million monthly users in 67 days, and by February 2011, the application had been valued at $25 million thanks to investor backing.
Instagram took a year to reach 10 million monthly active users (MAUs).
The social media site was then purchased by Facebook after 24 months of its original launching date, with 30 million monthly active users, thanks to the advent of an iPhone app.
MAU milestones on Instagram:
- Instagram reached a milestone of 100 million users in February 2013. (MAU)
- Instagram reached 500 million users in June 2016. (MAU)
- Instagram reached one billion users in June 2018. (MAU)
Let’s examine how many of those monthly active users utilize the photo-sharing app daily.
Daily Active Users (DAUs) on Instagram
According to the most recent DAU data, 500 million individuals use Instagram daily around the world.
On the other hand, one out of every eight hours, people with mobile internet accesses at least every 24 hours, and Instagram’s daily users outnumber South America’s inhabitants.
- Instagram has more than 500 million daily active users (DAUs) worldwide, placing it second only to Facebook in daily logins.
- According to the firm, 500 million daily people communicate with Instagram Stories, up from 400 million in June 2018.
- Snapchat took six years to reach 150 million daily active users, whereas Instagram’s story consumption came to that level just eight months after its inception.
- Instagram is used by 11.01% of the world’s 4.54 billion active internet users daily.
- Instagram is used by 13.15% of the world’s 3.8 billion online social media users daily.
- Instagram is used by 6.43% of the world’s 7.77 billion people daily.
- Instagram has 70 million daily users, which is more than the whole inhabitants of South America.
The number of people using Instagram every day has increased dramatically:
When you consider how many people have used Instagram daily since its introduction, it’s evident that the plethora of new features has significantly affected the application’s stickiness.
In October 2016, Instagram had 550 million monthly users but only 100 million active users, implying that only roughly 18% of their customer base used the application daily.
Now, thanks to some tremendous user-centric feature releases, more than half of the monthly users engage with the application daily:
- Instagram Stories are photo and video compilations that last for 24 hours.
- Ephemeral communications are a type of private communications material that disappears after being seen.
- Feed algorithm: Sorts your feed based on which posts their computer models predict you’ll enjoy.
- IGTV: You can now upload lengthier videos, erasing the prior restrictions.
- Live video: Share videos with your fans, who can then comment on them.
- Instant translation: Translating comments, captions, and profiles aided their spread into non-English speaking areas.
- Reels: Make entertaining 15-second videos. Instagram’s TikTok clone.
Timeline of Instagram Stories DAUs:
Instagram launched its Stories feature on August 2, 2016, to provide users with 24-hour video and photo sequences that vanish like Snapchat.
They have 100 million users engaged with their new stories daily by October 2016 (less than two months).
Facebook, the parent business, enjoys flaunting significant growth achievements in public.
DAU milestones in Instagram stories:
- Instagram stories reached 100 million users in October 2016. (DAU)
- Instagram stories came 250 million users in June 2017. (DAU)
- Instagram stories reached 500 million users in January 2019. (DAU)
The media sharing site also reported 500 million or more daily users engaged with its tales to feature in January 2019.
It took nearly four years for almost all of Instagram’s active users to engage with stories daily.
History of Instagram User Growth Rates
Instagram has been gaining about 100 million new members every 4 to 9 months, according to its rate of growth data – this user rate of growth has been continuous since 2014.
However, the corporation saw a significant 200 million rise in new users between September 2017 and June 2018.
Between 2018 and 2019, the user growth rate slowed to 6.7 percent.
Monthly Active User Growth Rate on Instagram
The following is the most recent Instagram data from 2020:
- From September 14 to June 18, there was a 200 million user increase in just nine months.
- From April to September 2017, there was a 100 million user increase in just six months.
- From December 2016 to April 2017, there was a 100 million user increase in just four months.
- From June to December 2016, there was a 100 million user increase in just six months.
- From September 2015 to June 2016, there was a 100 million user increase in just nine months.
- From December 2014 up to September 2015, there was a 100 million user increase in just nine months.
- From March to December 2014, there was a 100 million user increase in just nine months.
According to an eMarketer report, Instagram’s growth in the United States is slower in older generations, while users aged 25 to 34 are flocking to the network in droves.
Another noteworthy projection they provided is for the platform’s growth in the United States:
Monthly Active User Growth Rate on Instagram in the United States
- The number of Instagram users in the United States is expected to increase by 1.8% in 2023.
- The number of Instagram users in the United States is expected to increase by +2.2 percent by 2022.
- The number of Instagram users in the United States is expected to increase by +3.2 percent by 2021.
- The number of Instagram users in the United States is expected to increase by 4.5 percent by 2020.
Instagram has seen some significant growth outside of the United States as the app has grown more available to the world with new capabilities like rapid translation.
Regarding Instagram’s growth, keep in mind that there are only 3.5 billion smartphone users globally, with 28.57 percent using the application.
Absorption Rates of the Instagram App vs. Smartphone Owners
The projected adoption levels of Instagram in the top nations, as determined by the number of Instagram users, are shown below:
Although some emerging countries have massive populations, smartphone usage is modest.
These are the areas where Instagram, like its parent firm Facebook, will see the biggest development in the next years:
Instagram is loaded on the phones of an estimated 46.2% of all smartphone users in the United States, irrespective of age.
The countries with the highest application adoption rates include Brazil, Indonesia, and Turkey, leaving the limited potential for market expansion.
There are a lot of fake Instagram bot accounts out there.
In 2020, there will be 95 million fraudulent bot profiles on Instagram, accounting for 9.5% of the platform’s 1 billion monthly users.
According to security company Cheq technologies, fake bot profiles on Instagram cost marketers an estimated $1.3 billion each year in the influencer advertising industry.
- According to a Ghost Data Report, Instagram bot profiles could account for up to 95 million of the 1 billion monthly active users.
- In 2015, 7.9% of Social media accounts were bots, and that number climbed to 9.5 percent in 2019.
- Influencers are compensated in part for the strength of their following.
If that following is made up entirely of bots, companies are the ones who lose money in the influencer economy.
- If an influence with 42,575 followers posts eight posts and eight stories each month, they can expect to receive $37,442 each year. That’s about the same as the average UK pay.
- According to Cheq projects, a cybersecurity service for digital media, fake bot fans cost businesses $1.3 billion in 2019.
- Influencers with fewer than 10,000 followers are compensated $88 for each post.
- Influencers with fewer than 100,000 followers are paid about $200 for each post they make.
- Influencers with a following of 250,000 to 500,000 will be rewarded roughly $670 for each post.
- Influencers with more than a million followers will be paid $1,870 for each post.
Instagram is a prominent actor in the influencer economy, where people are paid in part based on the size of their Instagram page in terms of fans.
If you’re a brand, knowing that 9.5 percent of your campaign budget is spent on bogus Instagram bot profiles isn’t particularly comforting.
The parent corporation on its system, Facebook, is quite good at removing bogus profiles.
On the other hand, Instagram is far more susceptible to false bot users since videos and photographs spread faster, making it impossible to search the network and identify keywords or patterns of misuse.
It isn’t to say that Instagram hasn’t fought back. Facebook employs over 20,000 security personnel to identify bogus accounts and malicious conduct on their various platforms.
Third-party phony follower companies have been shut down due to Instagram’s crackdown on false bot users, but the conflict is far from done!
By Country, the Most Instagram Users
The following step is to determine which nation has the most Social media users.
Outside of the United States, 88 percent of Instagram’s 1 billion monthly users will be in 2020.
The United States has 120 million user members on the photo-sharing app, followed by India (80 million), Brazil (77 million), Indonesia (63 million), and Russia (44 million).
Because of its global reach, Instagram is particularly enticing to both consumers and brands for marketing.
What Percentage of Americans Use Instagram?
According to the most recent data, America has the most Instagram users, with 120 million people using the photo-sharing application every month.
In terms of market share, the US accounts for 12% of the 1 billion monthly active Instagram pages, accounting for 46.2% of all US mobile phone users.
Most Popular Social Media Platforms in the World ranked 6th
With over 1 billion monthly users, Instagram was rated 6th among all social networking sites globally in 2020.
Four of the top six social media are owned by Facebook’s parent corporation (Facebook, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Instagram).
Competitor TikTok just surpassed Instagram’s seven-year monthly user milestone of 800 million users in just four years, so the head of the ranking is likely to shift soon if their spectacular rise continues.
There are currently over 3.43 billion social media users worldwide.
Perhaps, this helps to focus just on how dominating some of the players in the table below are!
Demographics of Instagram’s Most Popular Users
With 120 active subscribers, the United States is the most popular country with inactive accounts on the application.
In the United States, 75 percent of persons between the ages of 18 and 24 use Instagram, followed by 57 percent of those between the ages of 25 and 30.
Since its inception in 2010, Instagram has had more than enough time to establish itself as a fixture in the younger generation’s life.
So much so that Instagram is used by over half of millennials and two-thirds of age Z, with 35 percent claiming it as their favorite social media platform.
Following that, we’ll look at the present demographics of the world’s most popular social media site.
Gender demographics of Instagram users
More women than men use Instagram. The gender divide among users, on the other hand, is even.
The application is used by 50.9 percent of women and 49.1 percent of men worldwide.
According to a survey of adults in the United States, 31% of males and 43% use the application.
Instagram users’ average age
According to a Pew Research project of Americans, Instagram is the most powerful platform between 18 to 24-year-olds, with Snapchat a close second.
TikTok, a newcomer, was not included in the research.
Here’s a breakdown of Instagram’s age-related demographics even Among adults to get a sense of who uses it the most:
- Instagram accounts are used by 75% of people between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Instagram accounts are active in 57 percent of adults aged 25–30.
- Instagram accounts are active in 47 percent of adults aged 30 to 49.
- Instagram accounts are used by 23% of adults aged 50 to 64.
- Only 8% of persons over the age of 65 have active Instagram profiles.
Instagram user demographics by region in the United States
- The app is used by 33% of people who live in a city.
- The app is used by 37% of those who live in the suburbs.
- The app is used by 43% of those who live in rural areas.
Demographics of Instagram users that are educated
- The app is used by 33% of persons with a high school diploma or less.
- The app is used by 37% of those with a college education.
- The app is used by 43% of those with a college education or above.
Demographics of Instagram users by income
- The software is used by 35% of persons earning less than $29,999 per year.
- The app is used by 39% of persons who earn between $30,000 and $74,999 per year.
- The app is used by 42% of persons who earn more than $75,000 each year.
Instagram Follower Count (Average)
Most Instagram users have less than 1,000 followers, according to a Relevant study from 2020.
Micro-influencers, who typically have 50,000 to 100,000 followers, are used by brands to advertise their products.
As you can see from the user and follower breakdown below, it is barely 3.1 percent of the system’s entire population.
Number of Instagram followers on average
- Only 69.9% of users have more than 1,000 followers.
- Users with 1,000 to 10,000 followers account for 15.7 percent of all users.
- Seven percent of users have a following of 10,000 to 50,000 people.
- Users with 50,000 to 100,000 followers account for 3.1 percent of all users.
- Users with 100,000 to 500,000 followers account for 2.1 percent of all users.
- Users with 500,000 to 1 million followers account for 1.6 percent of all users.
Ten most famous Instagram accounts with the most followers.
The highest list reads like a who’s who of music, sports, and entertainment, ignoring Instagram’s profile as the most followed user on the network.
Some celebrities on the list, such as Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian, have benefited from social media sites like these to increase their fame and money.
Cristiano Ronaldo is the most popular Instagram account, with 297 million followers accounting for 20.9 percent of the app’s overall user population.
- Instagram has 396 million users, accounting for 33.9 percent of all Instagram users.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has 297 million Instagram followers, accounting for 22.0 percent of all Instagram users.
- Ariana Grande has 242 million Instagram followers, accounting for 18.7% of all Instagram users.
- The Rock has 245 million Instagram followers, accounting for 18.4% of all Instagram users.
- Kylie Jenner has 240 million Instagram followers, accounting for 18.1 percent of all Instagram users.
- Selena Gomez has 236 million Instagram followers or 18.0 percent of the total.
- Kim Kardashian has 227 million Instagram followers, accounting for 17.5 percent of all Instagram users.
- Lionel Messi has 216 million Instagram followers, accounting for 15.4% of all Instagram users.
- Beyoncé has 184 million Instagram followers, accounting for 14.2% of all Instagram users.
- Justin Bieber has 177 million Instagram followers, accounting for 13.6 percent of all Instagram users.
Each day, the average amount of time spent on Instagram is
Users spend an average of 28 minutes a day on Instagram, according to their press statement.
This number may be broken down into users under the age of 25, who spend 32 minutes per day on the application, and people over 25, who spend 24 minutes per day on the app (on average).
- Each day, the minimum length of time spent on Instagram is 28 minutes.
- In general, users under the age of 25 spend 32 minutes a day on social media.
- According to this research, the average Instagram user under 25 spends almost eight days each year on the site.
- Users aged 25 and up will spend an average of 24 minutes per day on the site.
- According to this research, the average Instagram user over 25 spends almost six days each year on the site.
- In contrast, the average social media user spends one hour and fifteen minutes each day on the platform.
- According to this data across all platforms, the typical woman over 18 will spend almost 19 days a year on social media.
When Is It Best To Post To Instagram?
Between 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. CDT, the greatest time to post on Instagram is average (Central Daylight Time).
Posting on various days of the week, on the other hand, might drastically change the involvement among your followers.
What are the greatest Instagram posting days?
Wednesday at 11:00 a.m., and between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. on Friday.
When is the best time for posting on Instagram daily?
The most common traffic and interaction hours on Instagram are listed below.
You should avoid publishing on Sunday because it has the least user involvement of the seven days.
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday (The best time to schedule an engagement is at 12:00 p.m.)
- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday (The best time for an engagement is 7:00 p.m.*)
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday (The best time for an engagement is 11:00 a.m.)
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (The best time to schedule an engagement is at 12:00 p.m.)
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Friday (The best time for an engagement is 11 a.m.)
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Saturday (The best time to meet is at 10:00 a.m.)
- 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sunday (The most effective way to engage)
What about the different time zones?
If you have followers from different nations or even the east and west coasts of the United States, this can affect your involvement.
The simplest solution is to use Instagram’s investigations tool, a free analytics method available to all business account users on the application.
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your profile page.
- From the list, select an insight.
- Select the audience option.
- Then go down to the section on Cities & Locations.
You can figure out what time zones most of your viewers are in by looking at this data, and then arrange your posts around those times using the top engagement times I listed above!
How many people work for Instagram?
Instagram currently employs 450 people and has a monthly user base of one billion people.
It is a small quantity when contrasted to Facebook’s parent corporation, which employs more than 45,000 people and serves 2.6 billion people.
When opposed to other prominent social media platforms, Instagram can always operate with a small crew.
Twitter, for example, employs 4,900 people to serve about a third of Instagram’s monthly active users.
Instagram had only 13 employees when it was sold for half a billion dollars.
- In the year 2009, Kevin Systrom has begun work on Burbn (Instagram)
- Mike Krieger joined the project in 2010, bringing the total number of staff to two.
- Facebook buys them for $500 million after growing to 13 workers and 30 million users in 2012.
Instagram Statistics in General:
- Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom took the first photo ever uploaded to the platform of a dog near a taco vendor.
- Instagram has users every month base on one billion people.
- Instagram is the second most favorite free app in the Apple store.
- The software has been used to share over 40 billion photographs.
- Every 24 hours, around 100 million photographs are uploaded.
- Instagram users spend almost as much time as Facebook users on the platform. They spend 53 minutes a day on average browsing, compared to 58 minutes on Facebook.
- Twenty-five percent of smartphone users use Instagram.
- The hashtag #Love is the most popular on Instagram. It has been downloaded over 1.7 billion times.
- Instagram is the tenth most searched term on Google.
- Nine percent of Instagram postings are photographed.
- Videos account for 14.2 percent of Instagram postings.
- Carousels make up 13.9 percent of Instagram postings.
- Likes for the following seven countries are presently hidden on Instagram: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Japan, and New Zealand.
- Once a day, 62% of users log into their accounts.
- 42% of users check their accounts several times every day.
- One hundred thirty million Instagram users click on retail posts each month.
- Explore is used by more than half of Instagram users to find new material and profiles to follow.
- Every day, the Like button is pressed 4.2 billion times.
- Every day, 200 million users look at at least one business page.
- Every day, over a million people, watch live videos.
- On Instagram, carousels receive more organic engagements than both video and photos.
- There are less than ten words and 20 emojis in the “perfect caption.”
- The use of 23 emojis in video posts boosts average interaction to 4.95 percent.
- In carousels, 24 emojis are suggested for optimal performance.
- The use of 20 emojis in image posts is suggested for the greatest results.
- More people comment on-brand video postings than on picture posts.
- “How-to” tutorials are the most popular online material.
- Posts with a Geo-location receive roughly 80% more attention than those without.
- Eighty-three percent of Instagram users use the platform to discover innovative goods/processes.
- Demographics of Instagram Users
- According to Statista, more than 50% of the world’s Instagram users are under 34.
- America (110 million), Brazil (70 million), India (69 million), Indonesia (59 million), and Russia (59 million) are the top five nations with the most Instagram users (40M).
- Instagram’s American user base is expected to grow by 5.4 percent in 2020, 112.5 million, and 117.2 million in 2021.
- Brunei (60%), Iceland (57%), Turkey (56%), Sweden (55%), and Kuwait (60%) are the five countries with the largest percentage of the population (55%).
- Females account for 52% of Instagram users, while men account for 48%.
- Outside of the United States, 88 percent of Instagram users reside.
- In November of this year, Australia had 9,442,000 Instagram users.
- This is equivalent to 37.2 percent of the total population.
- Females account for 57.1 percent of Instagram users in Australia.
- Among the ages of 25 and 34, there are 3,100,000 Australian users.
- Almost two-thirds of Instagram users are between the ages of 18 and 29.
- The most active age range is 18 to 34 years old.
- Demographics for Instagram (US)
- Instagram is used by 50.9% of females.
- Males account for 49.1% of Instagram users.
Users on Instagram as a percentage
- 13 – 17 (72%)
- 18 – 29 (67%)
- 30 – 49 (47%)
- 50 – 64 (23%)
- 65+ (8%)
Instagram users’ current locations
- Urban – 46%
- Suburban – 35%
- Rural – 21%
As of January 2020, the countries having the most Instagram users are:
- US – 120 million
- India – 80 million
- Brazil- 77 million
- Indonesia – 63 million
- Russia – 43 million
- Turkey – 38 million
- Japan – 29 million
- UK – 24 million
- Mexico – 24 million
- Germany – 21 million
Statistics on Instagram Stories
- About 500 million users use Instagram stories every day.
- After viewing a company in an Instagram Story, 62% of users say they are more engaged in it.
- The most popular Giphy in Stories is the heart of love.
- Figures from Instagram Reels
From an email interaction with Team Whistle, as shared by Marketing Brew:
- Instagram Reels is the same as TikTok, 87 percent of Gen Z TikTok users who have used Instagram Reels agree.
- The majority of people who have used Instagram Reels on a daily or weekly basis do not believe TikTok is unique.
- In TikTok, 61% of Gen Z users stated they want to spend more time on Instagram.
- Advertisement Statistics on Instagram
- In 2020, Instagram was estimated to contribute approximately 30 percent of Facebook’s ad income.
- On Instagram, there are 2 million marketers per month.
- Instagram users have an average marketing reach of 928.5 million.
- According to the internal analysis, ad expenditure on Instagram is 23 percent greater than on Facebook.
- Instagram has the potential to reach 15% of the world population aged 13 and up.
- Females make up 50.9 percent of Instagram’s ad viewership, while men make up 49.1 percent.
- Brands can pay influencers anything from $100 to $2,085 for each post.
- In 2020, Instagram’s ad income will be $12.32 billion.
- The average cost per click (CPC) per country is $2.40.
In comparison to non-contest posts, the average engagement rate per competition post (CP) (NCP)
- Image: 3.58 percent CP vs. 2.40 percent NCP
- Carousel: CP 3.29 percent – NCP 2.54 percent Carousel
- Video: NCP 2.04 percent CP – 21.98 percent CP – 21.98 percent CP – 21.98 percent CP – 21.98 percent CP
The average engagement rate (GP) for giveaway posts vs. non-giveaway posts (NGP)
- Image: 3.25 percent GP vs. 2.40 percent NGP
- Carousel: GP 3.58 percent – NGP 2.53 percent Carousel
- Video: NGP 2.09 percent GP 2.34 percent GP 2.34 percent GP 2.34 percent GP 2.34 percent GP 2.34 percent GP 2.34 percent GP
Statistics on the Instagram Ad Audience
The percentage of Instagram’s ad audience by age and gender is shown below:
- 13 – 17 years old
- Female – 3.1%
- Male – 3%
- 18 – 24 years old
- Female – 14%
- Male – 16%
- 25 – 34 years old
- Female – 17%
- Male – 18%
- 35 – 44 years old
- Female – 9.1%
- Male 7.4%
- 45 – 54 years old
- Female – 4.6%
- Male – 3.2%
- 55 – 64 years old
- Female – 2%
- Male – 1.2%
- 65+ years
- Female – 1.1%
- Male – 0.8%
- When posting videos, brands often utilize between 3 and 9 hashtags.
- One in every three Instagram posts with the hashtag #ad was a Story post.
The Most Popular Hashtags
- #Love – 1.7 billion
- #InstaGood – 1 billion
- #Fashion – 760 million
- #PhotoOfTheDay – 745 million
- #Beautiful – 629 million
- #Art – 583 million
- #Happy – 556 million
- #Cute – 542 million
- #PicOfTheDay – 540 million
- #Follow – 524 million
The last word,
That’s all we have to say about the Instagram user base numbers!
It was a difficult collection to put together just because Facebook doesn’t often provide data about the other networks it owns, including the second most popular social network, Instagram.
Now it’s your turn to respond:
What else should be included in this compilation, in your opinion? Or perhaps you’d want to ask a question?
In any case, just jump in and lean in.