With over 1 billion users worldwide, and of course its popularity among all, Instagram is a great platform for marketing and implementing business strategies. At the same time, it can easily make big businesses fall victim to small mistakes. our goal is for you not to go the wrong way. If you do not know marketing on Instagram well and you think you have mistakes that have caused this to happen, it is better to join us in this article. Here are three important marketing mistakes on Instagram. So do not miss this article in any way.
Why is Marketing important on Instagram?
Many images and video clips are uploaded daily by different people on the virtual pages of Instagram. It is interesting to know that more than 250 million photos or videos are uploaded to Instagram every day. The above figures show that marketing on Instagram can show your ads to an incredible amount of people.
Another reason that shows the importance of marketing on Instagram is effective communication between business owners and customers. Research shows that the effective communication rate on Instagram is more than 40 times that of other social networks. However, the volume of marketers in this virtual application is only about 30%. This statistic shows that you can get a good position by entering and working on Instagram.
On the other hand, more than 60% of people interested in a particular brand follow its virtual pages on Instagram. In fact, it helps you to find your target community easily.
Marketing Mistakes on Instagram: Improper use of Instagram Hashtags
In 2018, Instagram added a new feature to its mobile app. Put the hashtag in the bio so that it can be clicked and follow the posts related to that hashtag. The mistake that many users make is to put too many hashtags in the bio file, just as they usually do on Twitter. But why is this not a good idea?
- The first point: Remember! your bio hashtags do not affect Instagram search results. In fact, if some one searches for a keyword on Instagram, there will be no trace of your bio (along with the hashtags you put in it) in the search results! In fact, the only fields scanned by the Instagram search engine are names and usernames.
- The second point: Writing extra hashtags is a hassle. Why? Because by placing popular Instagram hashtags or hashtags that lead to the content of other pages, you will divert your page visitors to other pages! Yes, just as easily. Let me illustrate with an example. Suppose you are a photographer and you use the hashtag #photography in your bio. When people click on a hashtag, they actually leave your page and are redirected to millions of other posts that are not related to you and your page. You do not seem to have any compelling reason to get people off your page like this!
- The third point: Listing hashtags on Bio Instagram seems unprofessional and usually can not be successful in persuading new followers.
So to avoid these problems, do not use hashtags in your bio. Of course, in some cases, this may work in your favor. For example, if you use a hashtag of a brand that is related to your own brand or business, you can direct your audience to more content about yourself. The following profile is a good example of the correct use of hashtags in Bio Instagram.
Marketing Mistakes on Instagram: Posting without having a Content Strategy
Many people post random contents that have no specific connection to their strategy. Instead of posting random content or paying attention to what your audience is looking for, you should be careful to follow your own strategy. To do this, first, go to Instagram Analytics and if you do not know anything about this, first read the How Can I Analyze Instagram Pages with Insights tool. Then review your previous posts to compare and analyze your audience’s response to different types of media (text or video), topics (business or entertainment), and their final impact (advertising or support).
You are looking for commonalities::
- What visual content appeals to your audience the most?
- What topics are approved by the majority?
- Is there a filter, background, or private style that most audiences prefer?
Once you know what criteria meet your needs, you can get help from your successful posts and produce visual content with similar elements. To clarify this process, suppose you are a nutritionist, and Instagram Analytics shows that your audience is more interested in tips about health and fitness that teaches them how to eat right without feeling weak, cut back on meals, or skip meals. You can write a post about how we like what we eat but lose weight at the same time. Then, instead of generating irrelevant content, use the part of your post that matches your analytics results to generate other visual content. And in this way, get rid of irrelevant posts that have no use other than disrupting your page strategy and discouraging and throwing followers.
Marketing Mistakes on Instagram: Prioritize the Number of Followers Instead of their Participation
Another misconception is that as the number of audiences increases, so does the number of customers. While it does not matter whether the previous audience has become a customer or not! In fact, here the quality of the audience takes precedence over the quantity, and the solution is not to increase the number of followers but to provide current followers in such a way that they become customers, and this is possible by understanding why the current audience is following you. How? Talk to your audience! Reply to every single comment, chat with everyone in your direct message, and follow all the answers to your polls. If you want to justify yourself by making the excuse that “I like to talk to others but no one talks to me or leaves a comment” you must first answer the question of how many comments you have written to others. Or how many times have you sent it directly to someone ?!
We believe in the X10 Rule: If you want someone to write a comment for you, write 10 comments in other people’s posts, and similarly, if you want someone to direct you, send a direct message to 10 people. When you interact with your followers, you get to know them better, and when you get to know them better, you realize how much better it is to talk to them and finally figure out how to help them.
So if you ever need more customers, get rid of the idea of increasing the number of followers. Instead, have an in-depth and practical conversation with your current audience and solve their problems. This way, among the many pages that offer a similar service or product, you will be the only choice of your audience because you know them deeply, talk to them and help them in different ways.
Marketing Mistakes on Instagram: Rely on Automation
Many today look at Instagram as a task that should be handled automatically. They schedule everything, but in the end, they forget to respond to comments, and this keeps them from interacting on Instagram, which is very important.
Finally, here’s a look at some ways to stay focused on this issue (some of which were previously covered in an article: Learn 14 Ways to Increase Instagram Story Engagement ):
- Ask questions and invite the audience to participate. If you want your audience to engage more, encourage them to engage more and show that you are happy to talk to them. You can learn a lot from your regular customers through these conversations.
- Instill a sense of value in your audience by posting content specific to Instagram. Instead of sharing content from your other marketing channels, consider a special, first-hand article or a discount code and bonus only for visitors to your Instagram stories.
- Reply to all comments and messages as soon as possible. Get in the habit of checking your direct messages several times a day. It may seem like a lot of work, but people are looking to connect with you, and this work, which will only take you a few seconds, will be very valuable to them and they will not forget.
Once marketers see Instagram as a way to build mass communication as a sales tool, they can use the power of connecting with their audience. However, these audiences have a better chance of becoming a customer and introducing other customers to your page.
Instagram marketing is a type of social media marketing in which marketers use the Instagram platform to promote their business. If “promote their business” sounds broad, that’s because it is: Instagram marketing can involve several different strategies and tactics, used to accomplish all kinds of goals a business might have. Instagram marketing is constantly changing. What looks good today may not be so great tomorrow. So it is easy to make decisions that will lead you astray, so having accurate information about the right and wrong of this path can be very important.