As you know, Instagram is one of the most popular social networks. If for any reason we want to change the email or mobile number with which we registered on Instagram, this is easily possible on Instagram without deleting our Instagram account or our posts. We can change our email or mobile number without any changes or disruptions to our accounts and posts. This is possible both through the Instagram app and through the Instagram site.
Editing an Instagram profile helps the user to communicate better with other users. This is especially important if your Instagram account is private. You can enter information in the biography section of your Instagram account and attach a brief description of yourself. The biography section on Instagram is displayed just below your profile picture, and even if your account is private, any user will be able to read it.
Why I should set up Email and phone number on Instagram personal account?
It is possible that you will forget your Instagram account password for any reason. Imagine that you forgot your Instagram account password, or for any reason you want to change its password without logging in to your account.
Here are three ways to recover your forgotten Instagram password.
- With Username or Email
- this option is used when you remember your username or email account.
- With SMS
- This option is used when you know the number that is synchronized with your account and this is your access number.
- With Facebook
- This option can only be used if your Instagram account is connected to your Facebook account.
If you have any problem you can contact Instagram customer support by emailing them at
If your issue is regarding the app however, it is easier to contact them from inside the app.
Go to Profile > Options (gear wheel) > Report A Problem. This will prompt the app to give you several options such as ‘general feedback’, ‘spam’ or ‘something isn’t working’. Click what category fits your issue best and write your message.
To change the email and mobile number registered in your Instagram account, follow the steps below.
How to Change Email to Instagram Personal Account
step 1: First you need to download the new version of Instagram and install it on your phone.
step 2: Now you need Log in your account and go to the profile section. Select the Edit your Profile option. as shown below:
step 3: After selecting the Edit Profile option, you will be able to change items such as
- Specifies your your desired Name. By entering a name in this box, this name will be known as your page and brand name on Instagram.
- Enter your desired Username that other people can find you on Instagram by it. username is a unique name that Instagram uses to identify your page. This name must be in English and must not be the same as other users’ names.
- You can write a dedicated biography for your Instagram account. This biography should eventually be 150 letters. Note that your written biography can be viewed by all users of this social network, even if your Instagram account is private.Enter your desired biography in the section titled Bio and finally touch the Submit option.
- Another feature of Instagram profile editing is adding a website link to your profile. If you are a business owner and want your users to be attracted to your website from the Instagram page, you can enter the name of the site in this box. This link is clickable and active (unlike the links in the caption). In order to add a website link to your Instagram profile, you must use the website editing section.
and some other feature settings like Email.
Then go to section 5: Personal Information Settings
The fields shown in the image below with the red box are for email and Instagram numbers, respectively. So you can enter the desired email and mobile number in these two fields.
Important NOTE !
After making the desired changes, you should touch Done or Save.
NOTE 1:It should be noted that Instagram profile editing can also be done through the site of this social network.
NOTE 2: If you have previously removed your phone number from Instagram on the mobile app, you don’t have to repeat the process on your computer. This is because Instagram syncs changes made to your account across all devices you use the service from.
NOTE 3: Some profile information isn’t visible to anyone but you. This includes your email address, phone number and gender.
How to find someone on Instagram using phone number
- Step 1: First of all, save the person’s mobile number in your phone’s contact book as you can only find a person whose number is saved on your contact list.
- Step 2: Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and go to your profile by tapping on the ‘Profile’ icon available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: On your profile page, tap on the hamburger icon at the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Discover people’ option.
- Step 4: Out of the two available tabs, select the’ Contacts’ tab to find people by phone number.
- Step 5: Tap on ‘Connect Contacts’ and grant the permission to Instagram to start syncing contacts.
- Step 6: Now you will see a list of contacts on your Instagram. Find the people you want to follow or tap on the follow all button to follow everyone available in the list.
Changing Instagram email is comfortable. If you can enter the account, go to the profile, and change the email. If you cannot open the account, you should use the forgotten password option on Instagram.