Instagram Live is referred to the live videos being streamed on the Instagram application and is accessible through the Stories section of Instagram.
Using the Live Story feature, you can reach out to your Followers at once and respond to their comments live.
Nowadays, live streaming can be considered as one of the simplest and most enjoyable Live Video Recording and Playback Tools.
This feature is very popular amongst users and especially Instagram celebrities.
For instance, a celebrity can determine a certain time in advance, speak with his / her fans live, and answer their questions.
The Live Storey feature also has tremendous potential for advertising and marketing means.
In this tutorial, we are going to discuss everything you need to know about the Instagram Live Tool.
What Uses Does the Instagram Live Feature Have?
The way to use this feature depends entirely on the type of activity you have on Instagram.
For instance, if you are the owner of a business, you can share live videos with your audience when you are introducing a new product.
Or you can share live videos of the backstage activity you are doing; just as the Manoto Page, which runs half an hour before the program starts, and share backstage footage with its audience.
This creates a warm and intimate relationship with the audience.
How to Share Live Stories on Instagram?
- Tap on the icon at the top left side of the Instagram home screen or swipe from left to right to display the Instagram Stories section.
Another way to access this section is to tap on the + sign found on your profile photo.
- Select the “Live” option at the bottom of the screen and then tap on Start Live Video (if you don’t have this option available, it means that the Live Stories feature has NOT yet been activated for you and you will have to wait).
The number of viewers who are watching the Live Video is shown at the top of the page and the comments are displayed at the bottom of the page.
Select the Comment option to post a comment and tap and hold the Comment to make it easily accessible to all viewers, then you can Pin it to the top of the screen for easier viewing.
You can see who’s watching your Live Story online by touching the assigned icon.
You must bear in mind that there is no need to let your friends know about Live Stories because Instagram will automatically send a message to your Followers to inform them.
To stop viewers from leaving comments, select the icon (for Apple users) or the icon (for Android users) at the top right, then tap on Turn Off Commenting.
Note that the settings you have set for Comments in the Settings section will also apply to your Live Stories.
- When your Live Story is over, click the End option at the top right of the screen, and then Confirm the end in the next step. In this section, you can also save your Instagram Live Video to your Camera Roll by selecting the Save option at the top right of the screen.
How to View the Live Stories Other Users Share on Instagram?
- When one of the people you are Following on Instagram starts streaming a Live Video, you will see their profile photo with a colored circle around it and the word “Live” written at the top of the feed. Live Videos are always placed before Stories (they are amongst the first circles on the left). Just tap on the colored ring to start watching the Live Video.
- When watching Live Videos on Instagram, you can leave a Comment by posting your comment and like the Live Video by tapping on the. Note that the person who is sharing the Live Video and everyone who is watching it can see your comments and likes and your logging in and out of the Live Video page. If you find a comment inappropriate, then you can tap on the cross found on the Live Video page and select “Report Comment.”
- Suppose the person sharing the Live Video on Instagram has limited the comment section, and you cannot post your comments. In that case, you can send the video to them via the Instagram Direct Messages section and write your words there (sending a message indirectly).
How to Disable the Notification for Instagram Live Videos When a Follower Streams One?
If you do NOT want to be notified when a friend starts a Live Story, go to your page and select the icon (for Apple users) or the icon (for Android users) at the top right of the screen.
Then go to the Push Notifications Settings section and set the Live Video tab to Off.
How to Share a Double Live Video on Instagram?
One of the new features on Instagram is the Live Video with a Friend feature.
There are two ways to share double Live Stories on Instagram:
- You can invite a friend to join your Live Video on Instagram.
- You can ask a friend who is streaming a Live Video on Instagram and join them in their Live Video.
The Steps You Need to Take to Invite a Follower to Your Live Video are:
- Tap on the icon at the top left of the Instagram home screen, or on the same home screen, swipe from left to right for the Instagram Story page to be displayed for you.
- Select the “Live” option at the bottom of the screen, then tap Start Live Video.
- Select the
- Choose the name of the person you want to have a Double Live Story with. Keep in mind that you can only invite the Followers who are currently watching your Live Story.
- If your request is accepted, your double Live Video the person you have invited will be displayed simultaneously on a Split-Screen. Also, if your request is rejected, you will be notified.
- You can remove the person you had invited from your Live Video by tapping on the X found on the right side of the Double Live Video screen.
To Request Being in the Live Video of One of Your Friends, Follow the Steps Below:
- If you see the Request option in the person’s Live Video on Instagram, tap on it.
- Then submit your request. (Send Request)
- If your request is accepted, you will be notified about joining the Live Video in question.
How to send a Live Video on Instagram for our friends as a Direct Message?
You can send both your own Live Stories and the Live Videos you watch to your friends as a direct message.
To do so, just follow the steps below:
- Select the icon in the bottom right corner of the Instagram Live Video screen.
- Then select the name of the person you want to direct the Live Video to.
- If you want to share the Live Video with only one person as a direct message, select the “Send Separately” option and if you want to send it to one of the groups in your Instagram direct section, select the “Send to a Group”
The person or persons you have chosen to share the Live Video with will be notified when the video starts and ends. You can also send the Live Videos that are being publically shared on Instagram to your friends by following the same steps we explained above.
How to Download a Live Video that is Shared on Instagram?
As mentioned previously, Instagram will not save your Live Videos and allow you to watch them again, so how can we download Live Videos on Instagram? The answer is simple!
You can use one of the apps that save screen recordings on your phone for this purpose (just like taking screenshots from what is displayed on your phone).
It is easy for Android phone users to do so, but users who have an iPhone or iPad can NOT use such apps (regarding the Apple company’s security policies).
Therefore, they must connect their iPhone or iPad to their MacBook to save Live Videos on Instagram.
NOTE: The Screen Recording feature on IOS may also be used for this purpose on iPhones and iPads. The AZ Screen Recorder app is one of the best apps available for Android users.
What is the Replay (Playback) Feature Regarding Live Videos on Instagram?
You can enable the Live Video Playback option to allow viewers who could not watch the Live Video as it was streamed up to 24 hours after it was shared.
You can also Highlight your Live Video, such as everyday Instagram Stories, to allow access to them for Followers who may have missed them.
To share a Live Story Playback, tap the Share option at the bottom of the screen when the video is over.
The number for the Total Live Video views includes both the Live Video and its Playback.
How to View a Live Video on Instagram After the Live Broadcast is Over?
Suppose the Live Video Playback feature is enabled (shared a Live Video Replay) when you log into your Instagram page.
In that case, the previously recorded Live Videos will appear for you at the top of the screen within a colored circle with the word “Play” written on them.
While watching Live Video Playbacks on Instagram, you can swipe the video forward or backward by tapping the right or left sides of the screen.
If the person has shared several Live Video Instagram feeds, you can switch between the Live Videos by tapping the arrows at the top of the Instagram page.
Thus, you will be able to skip the Live Videos that you do NOT want to watch.
What is “Top Live”?
Live Videos on Instagram are being broadcast live.
When you go to the Explorer section on Instagram, an option called Top Live appears at the top of the screen where you can access Live Videos being streamed.
You can watch different Live Videos by swiping left or right.
How to Watch Live Videos on Our Computer?
Unfortunately, we are NOT currently able to view Instagram Stories through the web version of Instagram.
Therefore, we can’t normally see Live Videos on Instagram using a computer, but there is a special trick for doing so.
All you need to do is install the developed free version of Google Chrome on your computer, then visit www.Instagram.com and enjoy watching the Live streams and Stories.
Why Don’t We Sometimes Have the Live Video Feature Available on Our Phone Despite Having the Latest Instagram Update?
The Live Video Feature on Instagram is NOT enabled for older phones or with older versions of Android.
Also, if you have the Blackberry or Windows Mobile Operating System installed on your phone, you may have trouble watching Live Stories and Instagram Stories in general.
Another problem, especially amongst users running the iOS Platform, is that they need to activate the VPN on their phone to be able to access the Live Videos on Instagram.
We hope all these issues will be resolved in new Instagram updates. Bear in mind that your internet connection speed needs to be optimal to enjoy watching Live Videos on Instagram; otherwise, Live Videos will be of poor quality, maybe cut off while you are watching them or you may simply experience a great amount of lag.
The Live Videos feature on Instagram is very popular with users these days (especially those who have a lot of followers on Instagram) and has turned into a tool for making money on Instagram.
Sharing Live Videos on Instagram is one of the methods of Video Marketing and with a bit of creativity, you can use it to enhance business and attract more customers.
However, you must be very cautious when sharing Live Stories because your audience is watching you live and you simply can NOT afford to make any errors or blunders.
Also, there is the chance of receiving rude, inappropriate, and out-of-context Comments that will be displayed to all the Followers who are watching the Live stream and you will have to accept this risk.